Welcome to the The Bayle Residents Association
Making a better place to live and work for over 50 years
We are a diverse community association of over 115 members, founded in 1970, who are proud of our heritage and history and actively seeking to improve our local area in Folkestone. We look out for each other and enjoy living and working in this unique location in this beautiful seaside town. Our members come from all walks of life and professions and we welcome new members who would like to join our close and caring community. We have an active calendar of social events throughout the year and a strong Neighbourhood Watch, working closely with the police and council to improve the quality of lives of our residents.
You do not have to live in The Bayle to be a member. Our membership is open to those residents living and working in The Bayle, Bayle Street (including Glendale House), The Parade, Bayle Court, Bail Steps, Church Street and Priory Gardens.
WHAT WE DO?
- the Association helps put The Bayle area at the heart of Folkestone
- we build a sense of Community: part of a wider world happy to play our part
- we value our heritage and urban wildlife as part of a special quality of life
- we are actively involved in the National Neighbourhood Watch scheme
WHAT WE OFFER?
- a regular monthly Newsletter
- Neighbourhood Watch updates on crime prevention and safety work
- The Green Bayle initiative, planting the area, keeping it clean and tidy
- BRAT: the Bayle Residents Action Team – helping each other solve local problems
- a Social Calendar of various events to get to know each other
We are linked with a partnership of residents’ associations, the Association of Folkestone Residents Associations. You can visit the AFRA website by clicking HERE.