Green Bayle is a recent initiative from our Association to promote a more sustainable lifestyle in and around The Bayle – leaving our planet and our future in good condition for the next generation!
We live in a particularly beautiful area and we all want to preserve the special qualities of The Bayle.
The Fields in Trust group have done some interesting work showing that many of our green spaces nationally are at risk. In June 2020, they published a short very gripping summary of the position on their FaceBook page, which you can see by clicking here…
Click here to have a look at the Green Bayle prospectus, first published in 2019. This sets out some of our plans and ideas for the next year or so. A new graphic of recent work can be seen by clicking here
We’d welcome interest in helping us to take some of the Green Bayle work forward … so get in touch!
A Greener Lifestyle
We’ve listed some websites which help with a sustainable lifestyle – these may be of interest to you
- Kent Food Hubs: local online markets
- Recyling ideas: a wealth of information on how to re-purpose everything and anything
- Little Green Blog: a general compendium of ideas and suggestions for a green lifestyle
- EcoTech Daily: a magazine on green/eco friendly technologies
- Keep Britain Tidy: the campaign dating back to 1954, founded by the Women’s Institute
Waste not…. if you don’t have the use of a wheelie bin, you can get hessian “seagull-proof” rubbish sack containers from the Folkestone & Hythe District Council: Call 01303 858660