Data Privacy Notice
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data
Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
The Bayle Residents’ Association incorporating Neighbourhood Watch (“The Bayle Residents’ Association”) is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
The Bayle Residents’ Association complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
· To administer membership records;
· To inform individuals of news and events run by The Bayle Residents’ Association and a small number of other local organisations running events which we believe will be of interest to members;
· To inform individuals about Neighbourhood Watch events and pass on advice about security.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with certain committee members (typically the Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and Neighbourhood Watch Coordinator) of The Bayle Residents’ Association. We will not share your data with third parties without your explicit consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data until you request to be removed from The Bayle Residents’ Association mailing list, or you are no longer a member of The Bayle Residents’ Association, or until such time as The Bayle Residents’ Association ceases to exist.
Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
· The right to request a copy of your personal data which The Bayle Residents’ Association holds about you;
· The right to request that the Secretary of The Bayle Residents’ Association corrects any person data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
· The right to request that your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for The Bayle Residents’ Association to retain such data;
· The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
· The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
· The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Jon O’Connor, Secretary, The Bayle Residents’ Association, via email firstname.lastname@example.org